Full payment for all Extreme Academy sports must be received at the time of booking.
No booking will be treated as confirmed unless payment has been received in advance.
You will be required to complete a safety form before you take part in a lesson.
Extreme Academy cannot guarantee that any activity will take place.
Extreme Academy reserves the right to cancel the course due to unsuitable conditions or lack of numbers.
Extreme Academy reserves the right to end the lesson should the conditions become unfavourable or due to the students behaviour or ability.
The decision to cancel the course due to unsuitable conditions rests solely with the instructor of the course.
It is the responsibility of the school to re-book transfer or refund the customer in the event of cancellation.
In the event of a lesson or booking being cancelled by Extreme Academy the customer may:
1. Re-book the lesson for a later date.
2. Transfer to another course at Extreme Academy, paying the difference if of a higher value and receiving a refund if of a lower value.
3. Obtain a full refund.
In the event of cancellation by the customer:
1. A lesson may be rescheduled up to seven days in advance subject to weather conditions and instructor availability.
2. A lesson may be cancelled up to seven days in advance of the course date and a refund obtained for which there is a per head cancellation fee of the greater of £5 or 10% of the lesson value.
3. No refund will be given for lessons cancelled within seven days of the lesson date/time.
Age restrictions apply to all sports.
- You must be 8 or over to surf
- 18 or over to kitesurf, stand-up paddlesurf and waveski
- 12 or over for all other sports
Participation is at the absolute discretion of the instructor.
Students aged 17 or under will need a parent or guardian 18 or over to sign a safety form to allow them to surf or participate in land kiting.
A parent or guardian must remain in attendance for the duration of the lesson.
The weather conditions may not always be appropriate for your chosen lesson.
If this is the case, we will offer you an alternative lesson in one of our other sports or we will reschedule your lesson to another time.
We supply all of the equipment for your activity.
For all sports: remember to bring sunglasses, sun cream and a hat even if it’s not sunny!
For water-based sports: you just need a pair of trunks or a swimsuit. For after the session, bring a towel and some warm clothes.
For land based sports: you need trainers or boots with ankle support and suitable clothing for the weather conditions. A change of clothes in case it rains and a windcheater is also a good idea.
For kitesurfing: If you’ve got your own suit, boots and harness bring them, if not, we’ll supply them. For cooler days bring a warm change of clothes and a woolly hat. As you’ll be getting wet, don’t forget your towel.